Office of Financial Aid

University of Mississippi

 Dependent Student Federal Tax Return & W2

All persons who supplied information on the FAFSA must submit documentation of their
income for calendar year 2001.  Tax filers must submit signed copies of their1040,1040A, 1040EZ or Telefileforms and W2s.

If you do not have a copy of your return, contact your tax preparer or call the IRS at
1-800-829-1040 to request a “Tax Return Transcript”. Signatures are required on all
tax returns, including Telefile, 1040PC and transcripts. IRS Form 8453 does not satisfy this requirement. 

If you did not file a federal tax return you should indicate this in “Section C” of the verification worksheet.

W2s may be requested from your tax preparer, past employer, or you may request them from the IRS.  To request W2s from the IRS you must complete a form 4506.  This form may be downloaded from the IRS web site at