Office of Financial Aid

University of Mississippi

SSN, Name or Birthdate Mismatch

According to the Social Security Administration records, your date of birth on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) does not correspond with the social security number you reported on your FAFSA.

If the name and social security number shown on your FAFSA are correct, you must contact the Social Security Administration Office to resolve this problem (visit, or call 1-800-772-1213).  Once resolved, please contact our office so that we may take necessary steps to ensure the full processing of your FAFSA.

If either your name or social security number reported on your FAFSA is incorrect, you should correct your FAFSA accordingly. We also strongly recommend that you contact the Registrar’s Office to make any name changes in the University database system so that the information on all official records are consistent with your FAFSA.

We cannot award any federal student aid until this matter is resolved.