Terms and Conditions and Participation Agreement
for the Luckyday Scholarship
PLEASE READ AND INITIAL EACH LINE & SIGN AT BOTTOM OF FORM:
Luckyday Scholarship amounts are calculated annually based upon your financial aid budget and other funding sources. You may receive the maximum Luckyday Scholarship amount as long as you do not exceed your estimated cost of attendance.
Full-time enrollment of at least 12 hours each semester is required. Failure to maintain 12 or more hours each semester will result in the payback of the Luckyday Scholarship; Independent Study course work will not be counted toward this minimum 12 hour requirement.
Eligibility for future years is conditional upon you maintaining at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (4.0 scale) on all course work attempted at The University of Mississippi and the annual submittal of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to May 15 of each year.
- Luckyday Scholars must participate, cooperate and complete the Luckyday First-Year Experience Program during the freshmen year (or first two semesters) at The University of Mississippi.
- Luckyday Scholars must participate, cooperate and complete the Luckyday Sophomore Experience Program during the sophomore year (3rd and 4th semesters) at The University of Mississippi.
- Luckyday Scholars must participate, cooperate and complete the Luckyday Junior Experience Program during the junior year (5th and 6th semesters) at The University of Mississippi.
- Luckyday Scholars must participate, cooperate and complete the Luckyday Retreat held in August of the freshmen year.
- During the fall semester, Luckyday Scholars must attend an eight-hour study hall per week.
- During the spring semester, study hall will be required for recipients who do not achieve a 3.75-4.00 GPA during the fall semester. Failure to comply with any/all Luckyday activities will result in the reinstatement of study hall hours or other sanctions deemed necessary by the Luckyday Success Program Staff.
- Luckyday Scholars must attend class; unexcused class absences will result in the removal of the scholarship.
- In addition to maintaining an overall 2.5 GPA at the end of each spring semester, first-time recipients must achieve a 1.5 or better GPA, for the fall semester, in order to retain their awards for the spring semester.
- Luckyday Scholars are required to reside in the Luckyday Residential College during the freshmen and sophomore years (or first four semesters). Luckyday Scholars will not be allowed to apply for commuter status with the Department of Student Housing and Residence Life.
- Luckyday Scholars are required to enroll in a section of EDHE 105, First-Year Seminar, during the fall semester of the freshman year. Scholars will register for the course during their summer orientation session. Scholars are also required to enroll in a mandatory Luckyday section of EDHE 333 during the fall semester of their sophomore year.
- Various speakers/programming may be required for Luckyday Scholars (freshman – seniors years) ending with participation in the Senior Activities with the Luckyday Foundation Board of Managers.
- The Luckyday Scholarship will be immediately revoked if the Luckyday Scholar fails to demonstrate good citizenship, respect and appreciation while participation in the Luckyday Success Program and receiving the Luckyday Scholarship.
Failure to comply with any of the terms and conditions will result in the loss of the scholarship.
Maximum eligibility is limited to eight consecutive regular semesters (excluding summers).
Eligibility ceases once a bachelor’s degree is received.
Renewal eligibility for subsequent years will be determined at the end of spring semester.
If you withdraw from the University within the 100% institutional refund period (the first 10 days of classes), any scholarship that has already credited to your bursar account must be repaid in full.
This scholarship in combination with all other financial aid, and other resources may not exceed the student’s estimated cost of attendance.
By executing this agreement, I, the undersigned student, fully comprehend and understand the terms and conditions of the Luckyday Scholarship and the Luckyday Success Program. I, the undersigned student, fully comprehend and understand my responsibility regarding meeting these terms and conditions. I, the undersigned student, fully comprehend and understand that failure to comply with any and all of these terms and conditions will result in the immediate loss of the Luckyday Scholarship.
Student Signature ID#
Print Student Name Date