Terms and Conditions for the
Military Service Non-Resident Scholarship
- This award is intended for incoming undergraduates (first time students or transfers) entering The University of Mississippi for the first time (excluding summer programs).
- This scholarship is awarded to students who have been engaged in and honorably discharged from active duty in the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard.
- This scholarship is payable in equal installments between the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Full-time enrollment of at least 12 hours each semester is required.
- Enrollment in Independent Study (correspondence) courses will not count in the full-time enrollment calculation.
- Eligibility for future years is conditional upon your maintaining at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale on all course work attempted at The University of Mississippi only. (Transfer grades are not counted).
- Maximum eligibility is limited to eight consecutive regular semesters (Fall and Spring only). This scholarship will not pay for Wintersession, Summer sessions, or any mini-terms.
- The student must be degree-seeking
- Eligibility ceases once a bachelor’s degree is obtained or the student begins a Professional/Graduate program.
- Renewal eligibility for subsequent years will be determined at the end of each Spring semester. Warning notices may be issued if the student goes below the 2.5 mark at the end of the Fall semester.
- If you withdraw from the University within the 100% institutional refund period (the first 10 days of classes), any scholarship that has already credited to your bursar account must be repaid in full.
- If you withdraw from the University and attend another college, you will forfeit your scholarship unless prior arrangements have been made with The University of Mississippi, Office of Financial Aid.
- This scholarship in combination with all other financial aid and resources may not exceed the student’s estimated cost of attendance. If it exceeds this cost, it will be subject to reduction.
- This scholarship is a fee-specific award to cover the non-resident fee only. It may be combined with other non-resident scholarships only until the full non-resident charge is met. There will be no funds disbursed in excess of the full non-resident charge.
- Students participating in study abroad programs will not be eligible to receive this scholarship during their semester abroad, even if the program is offered for University of Mississippi course credit, because Ole Miss does not charge an additional fee for non-residents to study abroad.