Direct Loan Contact Information
Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC): 1-800-4-FED-AID
Provides help answering all student aid questions including the following:
- Information about federal student aid programs
- Help completing the FAFSA
- Help in making corrections to your Student Aid Report (SAR)—the document that contains your application results
- Information about the process of determining financial need and awarding aid
- Information about your federal student loans
You may use the FREE FSAIC’s automated response system to find out if your FAFSA application has been processed and to request a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR).
Direct Loan Origination Center: 1-800-557-7394
Provides help answering questions related to your Direct Loan MPN, Loan Entrance Counseling, Direct PLUS and Direct Grad PLUS applications, etc.
Direct Loan Servicing Center: 1-800-848-0979
Provides help answering questions related to managing your account online, federal loan repayment, loan exit counseling, etc.
Direct Loan Consolidation Origination Center: 1-800-557-7392
Provides help with federal loan consolidation applications and federal loan consolidation questions .
Direct Loan Consolidation Servicing Center: 1-800-848-0982
Provides help with federal loan consolidation repayment and servicing questions.