Online Loan Exit Counseling
Welcome to The University of Mississippi Online Loan Exit Counseling Sessions. We are happy to offer these sessions as a convenient method for satisfying the federal requirements regarding loan exit counseling.
In these sessions you will receive information about your student loan repayment under the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP), Direct Loan Program (DLP) , Health Professions (HPSL), Perkins and/or McKinstry Loan Programs. This information includes:
- Your rights and responsibilities as a student loan borrower.
- Your options for repaying your student loans.
- Useful financial planning tools to help you manage your student loan repayments.
Important: All students should review information about the potential benefits of student loan consolidation.
Information Needed to Begin Your Exit Counseling Session(s)
During the counseling session, we will ask you to provide specific information about your loans so we can customize your counseling session to fit your needs. Please make sure that you have the information listed below before you begin, so you will be able to complete the counseling in one session.
Research your student financial aid paper work for the following information about your loan(s).
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Driver’s License Number
- Name, Address, Telephone Number of Next of Kin
- Name, Address, Telephone number of two references at different addresses whom the lender could contact if they should lose contact with you
- Name, Address, Telephone Number of your expected employer
- Name of Guaranty Agency who guaranteed your student loans (contact your lender, if you need assistance)
- Name of your Lender
Your school is required to obtain the following information:
- Expected employer
- Next of kin–a family member who can readily be contacted
- Expected permanent address
Please Note: If you borrowed under the FFELP or DLP. Loan Program only you should only complete the FFELP or DLP exit counseling. If you borrowed under the FFELP or DLP and the Health Professions (HPSL), Perkins and/or McKinstry Programs, you must complete both exit counseling sessions.
If you have questions concerning your financial plan, please contact the Office of Financial aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our National Toll-Free Help Line 1-800-891-4596.
Exit Counseling for FFELP and/or DLP loans and TEACH
|Exit Counseling for Perkins, McKinstry, Health Professions (HSPL)
Undergraduate, Graduate, LAW and PY4’s
If you should have any problems with the above web site, please call 1-800-999-6227.