Osher Reentry Scholarship
The University of Mississippi has received a generous donation from the Osher Foundation to provide partial tuition scholarships for reentry students.
The Osher Foundation, headquartered in San Francisco, was founded in 1977 by Bernard Osher, a respected businessman and community leader. The Foundation seeks to improve quality of life through support for higher education.
The University of Mississippi will award the Osher Reentry Scholarship through a competitive selection process. Awards will pay up to $2500 per year ($1250/semester) for full‐time students and $1250 per year ($625/semester) for half‐time students.
Eligibility for the Osher Reentry Scholarship:
Eligible applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Have experienced a cumulative gap in their education of five or more years;
- Are pursuing their first baccalaureate degree;
- Show academic promise and commitment to obtaining their degree;
- Will attend the University of Mississippi Oxford, Booneville, DeSoto, Tupelo, or Grenada campuses;
- Anticipate workforce participation for a significant period of time subsequent to graduation and must be between 25‐50 years old;
- Are a US citizen;
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Must be enrolled at least half‐time; and
- Cannot be enrolled exclusively in online courses.
Preference will be given to the following students:
- Newly matriculating students;
- Mississippi residents;
- Students with an overall 2.50 or higher GPA on all previous coursework;
- Students who are classified as a junior or senior
Students with other fee-specific scholarships paying full tuition will not be eligible for this award. Although it is possible to have more than one tuition scholarship, the combination of credits from these scholarships cannot exceed the amount of the tuition charge.
How to Apply
Students wishing to apply for the Osher Reentry Scholarship must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and complete the online OSHER Reentry Scholarship Application found at my.olemiss.edu.
Deadline to submit the Osher Reentry Scholarship Application and to have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Office of financial aid is July 1, 2012 with a priority date of June 1, 2012. The scholarship is a commitment for the 2012‐2013 academic year only. However, if offered again in future years, Osher Reentry Scholars are invited to reapply.