Office of Financial Aid

University of Mississippi

SSN, Name or Birthdate Mismatch

Social Security Number Does not Correspond with Name or Date of Birth

According to the Social Security Administration records, the date of birth you reported on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) does not correspond with the social security number you reported.

If the name and social security number shown on your Student Aid Report are correct, you must contact a Social Security Administration Office to resolve this problem. Once resolved, you must provide a copy of your social security card to our office so that we can reprocess your Student Aid Report.

If either your name or social security number reported on your FAFSA is incorrect, you should contact our office for assistance in correcting the Student Aid Report.

We also strongly recommend that you contact the Registrar’s Office to make any name changes so that the names on all official records are consistent.

No award of federal student aid can be made until this matter is resolved.