Terms and Conditions for the
- This award is intended for first-time college students. To receive the scholarship, you must have attempted no more than 11 hours of college credit following high school graduation, and be entering The University of Mississippi for the first time (excluding Summer programs).
- This scholarship is payable in equal installments between the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Full-time enrollment of at least 12 hours each semester is required.
- Independent Study classes (also known as correspondence courses or iStudy) can only be used to count towards the full-time enrollment requirement if they are semester-based – not Flex courses. In addition, the scholarship amount may be reduced if students are enrolled in iStudy classes ONLY that term.
- Eligibility for future years is conditional upon your maintaining at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale on all course work attempted at The University of Mississippi only. (Transfer grades are not counted).
- Maximum eligibility is limited to eight consecutive regular semesters (Fall and Spring only). This scholarship will not pay for Wintersession, Summer sessions, or any other mini-terms.
- The student must be degree-seeking.
- Eligibility ceases once a bachelor’s degree is received.
- Renewal eligibility for subsequent years will be determined at the end of each Spring semester. Warning notices may be issued if the student goes below the 3.0 mark at the end of the Fall semester.
- If you withdraw from the University within the 100% institutional refund period (the first 10 days of classes), any scholarship that has already credited to your bursar account must be repaid in full.
- If you withdraw from the University and attend another college, you will forfeit your scholarship unless prior arrangements have been made with The University of Mississippi Office of Financial Aid.
- This scholarship, in combination with all other financial aid and resources, may not exceed the student’s estimated cost of attendance. If the total exceeds this cost, it will be subject to reduction.
- Students receiving the Army ROTC National Cadet Command Scholarship are not eligible for this award.
- Students who lose the award for one (or more) semesters for not meeting these terms and conditions may appeal to get the award back in the future. However, you will forfeit the semester(s) of eligibility for which you did not receive the award.