Terms and Conditions for the
Academic Common Market Scholarship (ACM)
- This scholarship is payable during intersession, fall, spring, and summer terms.
- All hours must be approved for curriculum acceptance and appropriate progression. Continuous ACM participation is approved during selected terms, intersessions, and the end of the academic year.
- Students must personally participate in the departmental advising process each semester or term. Courses must be approved by his/her advisor, with future changes in courses approved by the same advisor or program director.
- Continued ACM eligibility is contingient upon student maintaining a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale on all course work attempted at The University of Mississippi (grades from transfer courses do not count). Students who attended prior to the 2006-2007 year must maintain a 2.0 Ole Miss GPA.
- Students must maintain university “good standing” status to participate in the Academic Common Market program. Students on probation are not eligible for the ACM. ACM may be reinstated once a student returns to “good standing”.
- If it is determined that a student is willfully circumventing the intent of the Academic Common Market program, the student will be withdrawn from the program and may be subject to reimbursement of the out-of-state tuition.
- If student withdraws from the University within the 100% institutional refund period (the first 10 days of classes), he/she must repay, in full, any scholarship funds that have been credited to his/her bursar account.
- This scholarship in combination with all other financial aid and resources (including military stipends, veteran’s benefits, Sumners Grants) may not exceed the student’s total estimated cost of attendance. If this total amount is exceeded, then the ACM scholarship may be reduced accordingly.