Terms and Conditions for the
Annexstad Family Foundation Leaders for Tomorrow Scholarship
The Annexstad Family Foundation Leaders for Tomorrow Scholarship is an award to provide funds to assist needy and worthy students who have been accepted in good standing by the University of Mississippi and the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College to attend the University, and who possess, in the University’s judgment, exceptional potential to become leaders in their chosen fields following completion of their undergraduate studies.
- This scholarship is payable in equal installments between fall and spring semester.
- Full-time enrollment of at least 12 hours each semester is required. Independent Study classes (also known as correspondence courses or iStudy) can only be used to count towards the full-time enrollment requirement if they are semester-based – not Flex courses. In addition, the scholarship amount may be reduced if students are enrolled in iStudy classes ONLY that term..
- It is expected that holders of this scholarship will earn their undergraduate degree in four consecutive years.
- Eligibility for future years is conditional upon your maintaining at least a 3.00 grade point average (on a 4.00 scale). The grade point average is based on all course work attempted at The University of Mississippi. While remaining a member of the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College is encouraged, eligibility for future years is not dependent on remaining in good standing in the Honors College.
- Eligibility for future years is also conditional on your conforming to all rules, regulations, and disciplinary measures demanded by the University of Mississippi of other students, both as to conduct and academic performance. The University reserves the right to cancel the scholarship of any student who has, according to the University, violated the rules and regulations, or who, because of misconduct, has reflected discredit on the good name of the University and/or the Donor, or has failed to maintain satisfactory academic progress at the University.
- Maximum eligibility is limited to eight consecutive regular semesters (excluding summers).
- Eligibility ceases once a bachelor’s degree is obtained or the student begins a Professional/Graduate program.
- Renewal eligibility for subsequent years will be determined at the end of spring semester.
- If you withdraw from the University within the 100% institutional refund period (the first 10 days of classes), any scholarship that has already credited to your bursar account must be repaid in full.
- This scholarship in combination with all other financial aid, and other resources may not exceed the student’s estimated cost of attendance.