Terms and Conditions for the Ellborne OMF Scholarship
An Ole Miss First Scholars Award
- The Ellborne Ole Miss First Leadership Scholarship is both a merit award for your outstanding academic achievement in high school and an award to foster your leadership potential as a University of Mississippi student.
- Eligibility for future years is also conditional upon your satisfactory participation in the program. This includes:
- Establishing a connection with the donor
- Developing relationships with mentors who may be the donor or someone the donor designates to be the mentor
- Attending presentations by featured speakers
- Participating in one-on-one sessions that will be assigned monthly
- Joining campus organizations during the first year with expectations of leadership in these organizations in later years.
- This scholarship is payable in equal installments between fall and spring semester.
- Full-time enrollment of at least 12 hours each semester is required.
- Enrollment in Independent Study (correspondence) courses will not count in the full-time enrollment calculation.
- Eligibility for future years is conditional upon your maintaining at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale on all course work attempted at The University of Mississippi only (not transfer grades).
- Maximum eligibility is limited to eight consecutive regular semesters (fall and spring only) or once a bachelor’s degree is received. This scholarship will not pay for winter intersession, summer intersession, or any other summer terms.
- Renewal eligibility for subsequent years will be determined at the end of each Spring semester. Warning notices may be issued if the student goes below the 3.0 mark at the end of the Fall Semester.
- If you withdraw from the University within the 100% institutional refund period (the first 10 days of classes), any scholarship that has already credited to your bursar account must be repaid in full.
- If you withdraw from the university and attend another college, you will forfeit your scholarship unless prior arrangements have been made with the University Of Mississippi Office Of Financial Aid.
- You must prepare a letter during the first term you are enrolled thanking the donor for your scholarship. Please deliver or send the letter to: Bonnie Brown, University of MS Foundation, Post Office Box 249, University, MS 38677. Mrs. Brown will see that this letter is delivered. Failure to comply with this expectation within the first semester of enrollment will result in termination of your scholarship.
- If this scholarship, combined with any other financial aid, exceeds the overall student budget determined for each student by the Office of Financial Aid, it may cause a reduction in some of your financial aid. This scholarship will not be reduced unless directed by a representative of the Ole Miss First Program or the UM Foundation, but the Office of Financial Aid reserves the right to review packages and reduce other aid if necessary during and after the academic year per federal or state regulations.