Terms and Conditions for the
Hearin Foundation Scholarship
- Maximum eligibility is limited to two consecutive regular semesters Fall and Spring for one academic year only. This scholarship will not pay for winter intersession, summer intersession, or any other summer terms.
- Full-time enrollment of at least 12 undergraduate hours each semester is required.
- Enrollment in Independent Study (correspondence) courses will not count in the full-time enrollment calculation.
- Student recipients cannot be immediate family members of the University of Mississippi staff, faculty, or administration. The Office of Financial Aid must be immediately notified by the student if such a relationship exists in order to cancel the scholarship.
- If you withdraw from the University within the 100% institutional refund period (the first 10 days of classes), any scholarship that has already credited to your bursar account must be repaid in full.
- If you withdraw from the university and attend another college, you will forfeit your scholarship unless prior arrangements have been made with the University Of Mississippi Office Of Financial Aid.
- This scholarship in combination with all other financial aid and resources (including Sumners Grant) may not exceed the student’s estimated cost of attendance. If it exceeds this cost, it will be subject to reduction.