Terms and Conditions for the
An Ole Miss Women’s Council Scholarship
- Scholarship is both a merit award for your outstanding academic achievement in high school and an award to foster your potential as a University of Mississippi student.
- Eligibility for future years is conditional upon your satisfactory participation in the program and available funding. This includes:
- Attending regular individual meetings with program coordinators or other university officials.
- Attending regularly scheduled group meetings/dinners/seminars
- Joining campus organizations during the first year with expectations of leadership in these organizations in later years.
- Developing relationships with mentors selected by the mentorship coordinator.
- Demonstrating newly acquired leadership skills through community program involvement.
- This award is payable in equal installments between fall and spring semesters.
- Full-time enrollment of at least 12 hours each semester is required.
- Enrollment in Independent Study (correspondence) courses will not count in the full-time enrollment calculation.
- Eligibility for future years is conditional upon maintenance of at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale on all course work attempted at The University of Mississippi only (not transfer grades) and maintaining your dependent status as defined by the Federal Title IV regulations
- Maximum eligibility is limited to eight consecutive regular semesters (fall and spring only) OR once a bachelor’s degree is received. This scholarship will not pay for winter intersession, summer intersession, or any other summer terms.
- Renewal eligibility for subsequent terms will be determined at the end of each semester. Warning notices may be issued at mid-term, if the student falls below the 3.0 mark or is failing to meet the participation requirements. If your grade point average falls below your scholarship minimum, for two consecutive semesters, you will forfeit (lose) your OMWC scholarship.
- If you withdraw from the University within the 100% institutional refund period (the first 10 days of classes), any scholarship that has already credited to your bursar account must be repaid in full.
- If you withdraw from the university and attend another college, you will forfeit your scholarship unless prior arrangements have been made with the University Of Mississippi Office Of Financial Aid or the Ole Miss Women’s Council Program Coordinator.
- During the first term you are enrolled, you must prepare a letter thanking the donor for your scholarship. Please deliver or send the letter to: University of MS Foundation, Post Office Box 249, University, MS 38677. Mrs. Meisenheimer will see that this letter is delivered. Failure to comply with this expectation within the first semester of enrollment will result in termination of your scholarship.
- If this scholarship, combined with any other financial aid, exceeds the overall student budget determined for each student by the Office of Financial Aid, it may cause a reduction in some of your financial aid. This scholarship will not be reduced unless directed by a representative of the Women’s Council or the UM Foundation, but the Office of Financial Aid reserves the right to review packages and reduce other aid if necessary during and after the academic year per federal or state regulations.