Terms and Conditions for the
New Century Scholar Scholarship
- This scholarship is payable in equal installments between Fall and Spring semester.
- Full-time enrollment of at least 12 hours each semester is required.
- Enrollment in Independent Study (correspondence) courses will not count in the full-time enrollment calculation.
- Eligibility for future years is conditional upon your maintaining at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale on all course work attempted at The University of Mississippi only (transfer grades will not be counted).
- Maximum eligibility is limited to four consecutive regular semesters (Fall and Spring only). This scholarship will not pay for winter intersession, summer intersession, or any other summer terms.
- Eligibility ceases once a bachelor’s degree is received.
- Renewal eligibility for subsequent years will be determined at the end of each spring semester. Warning notices may be issued if the student goes below the 3.0 mark at the end of the Fall semester.
- If you withdraw from the University within the 100% institutional refund period (the first 10 days of classes), any scholarship that has already credited to your bursar account must be repaid in full.
- If you withdraw from the university and attend another college, you will forfeit your scholarship unless prior arrangements have been made with the University Of Mississippi Office Of Financial Aid.
- This scholarship in combination with all other financial aid, and other resources may not exceed the student’s estimated cost of attendance. If it exceeds this cost, it will be subject to reduction.
- If you are a non-resident of Mississippi, this scholarship includes a full non-resident scholarship. Students participating in study abroad programs will not be eligible to receive the non-resident scholarship during their semester abroad, even if the program is offered for University of Mississippi course credit, because Ole Miss does not charge an additional fee for non-residents to study abroad.