Terms and Conditions for the
Ethel Newsome Endowed Scholarship
- Maximum eligibility is limited to two consecutive regular semesters (Fall and Spring). This scholarship will not pay for winter intersession, summer intersession, or any other summer terms.
- Full-time enrollment of at least 12 hours each semester is required.
- Enrollment in Independent Study (correspondence) courses will not count in the full-time enrollment calculation.
- If you withdraw from the University within the 100% institutional refund period (the first 10 days of classes), any scholarship that has already credited to your bursar account must be repaid in full.
- If you withdraw from the university and attend another college, you will forfeit your scholarship unless prior arrangements have been made with the University Of Mississippi Office Of Financial Aid.
- You must prepare a letter during the first term you are enrolled thanking the donor for your scholarship. Please deliver or send the letter to the University of MS Foundation, Post Office Box 249, University, MS 38677. The Foundation will see that this letter is delivered.