Terms and Conditions for the
Parker Memorial Scholarship
- The Parker Memorial Scholarship is both a merit award for your outstanding academic achievement in high school and an award to foster your potential as a University of Mississippi student. It is also given in anticipation of your contributions to the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College. In accepting this honor, you will be expected to support the Honors College in its curriculum and related activities. If you were to withdraw from the Honors College or be dismissed for not fulfilling the Honors College requirements, your scholarship will be revoked.
- This scholarship is payable in equal installments between fall and spring semester.
- Full-time enrollment of at least 12 hours each semester is required. Independent Study coursework will not be counted toward this minimum 12 hour requirement.
- Eligibility for future years is conditional upon your continued good standing as defined in the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College Student Handbook, and your attaining a minimum GPA of 3.20 at the end of the freshman year, a 3.40 at the end of the sophomore year, and a 3.50 by the end of the junior year and continuing into the senior year. The grade point average is based on all college course work.
- Maximum eligibility is limited to eight consecutive regular semesters (Fall and Spring only). This scholarship will not pay for winter intersession, summer intersession, or any other summer terms.
- Eligibility ceases once a bachelor’s degree is received.
- Renewal eligibility for subsequent years will be determined at the end of spring semester.
- If you withdraw from the University within the 100% institutional refund period (the first 10 days of classes), any scholarship that has already credited to your bursar account must be repaid in full.
- If this scholarship, combined with any other financial aid, exceeds the overall student budget determined for each student by the Office of Financial Aid, it may cause a reduction in some of your financial aid. This scholarship will not be reduced unless directed by a representative of the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College, but the Office of Financial Aid reserves the right to review packages and reduce other aid if necessary during and after the academic year per federal or state regulations.