Terms and Conditions for the
- This award is intended for first-time college students. To receive the scholarship, you must have attempted no more than 18 hours of college credit following high school graduation, and be entering The University of Mississippi for the first time (excluding Summer programs).
- The Stamps Scholarship amounts are calculated annually. The Stamps Scholarship will be awarded to pay the remaining gap of your cost of attendance minus all other scholarships and grants. The receipt of additional scholarships and grants at any time throughout the academic year will reduce the amount of your Stamps Scholarship. (Enrichment funds are awarded separately.)
- This scholarship is payable in equal installments between the Fall and Spring semesters. (Enrichment funds are awarded separately.)
- Full-time enrollment of at least 12 hours each semester is required.
- Independent Study classes (also known as correspondence courses or iStudy) can only be used to count towards the full-time enrollment requirement if they are semester-based – not Flex courses. In addition, the scholarship amount may be reduced if students are enrolled in iStudy classes ONLY that term.
- Eligibility for future years is conditional upon your maintaining at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale on all course work attempted at The University of Mississippi only. (Transfer grades are not counted).
- Maximum eligibility is limited to eight consecutive regular semesters (Fall and Spring only). This scholarship will not pay for Summer sessions.
- Eligibility ceases once a bachelor’s degree is received.
- Renewal eligibility for subsequent years will be determined at the end of each Spring semester. Warning notices may be issued if the student goes below the 3.0 mark at the end of the Fall semester.
- If you withdraw from the University within the 100% institutional refund period (the first 10 days of classes), any scholarship that has already credited to your bursar account must be repaid in full.
- If you withdraw from the University and attend another college, you will forfeit your scholarship unless prior arrangements have been made with The University of Mississippi, Office of Financial Aid.
- This scholarship in combination with all other financial aid and resources may not exceed the student’s estimated cost of attendance. If it exceeds this cost, it will be subject to reduction.
- Scholarship recipients must remain in good academic standing.
- Actions taken as a result of academic discipline can result in the revocation of the scholarship award.
- As a Stamps Scholar, you also have $12,000 in enrichment funds available to you. These funds can be used for study abroad programs, unpaid internships, and undergraduate research. Enrichment funds can be used during fall, spring or summer terms while you are receiving the Stamps Scholarship. Students must request approval for the funds through the Provost and/or Dean of the Honors College. Additional information will be provided in the fall semester of your freshman year.