skip to main content
Office of Financial Aid
University of Mississippi

Transfer Students

Welcome Transfer Students! We hope that you will grow and succeed in both your personal and academic endeavors while at The University of Mississippi.

The Office of Financial Aid is happy to assist you with finding financial aid to help pay for your costs of attendance.

  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for any need-based awards and/or student and parent loans. Be sure to specify our school code (002440) on the FAFSA. You may contact the FAFSA processor at 1-800-433-3243 if you have any questions.
  • Mississippi residents should apply for state grants (including MTAG). If you are transferring mid-year from another Mississippi school, be sure to let the State Office of Financial Aid know that you are changing institutions so they will direct your funds appropriately.
  • You may also be eligible for scholarships. We are proud to award students who have achieved academic excellence and those with particular talents and demonstrated leadership skills. You must be admitted to The University of Mississippi to be considered for scholarships. (Please note that scholarship eligibility criteria and amounts may change without prior notice.)

Remember the following:

  • Financial aid does not “transfer” from one institution to another. Each institution must evaluate students’ eligibility independently of other institutions.
  • Check with your current Financial Aid Office to make sure  you have completed all requirements for a departing student.
  • Attend Transfer Student Orientation.
  • Read carefully any correspondence you receive from the Office of Financial Aid, the Office of Admissions, or other departments on campus.
  • Feel free to contact a financial aid advisor with any questions you have about financial aid at Ole Miss.

Useful Links