Students who have special or unique circumstances regarding Dependency can file an appeal. Examples of special or unique circumstance are as follows (but not limited to):
- parental abandonment of the student,
- abusive family environment which threatens the student’s physical/emotional health or safety,
- student’s inability to locate parent(s) for long- term and on-going basis,
- your parent(s) is incarcerated,
- other special circumstance
In order for a student to be reviewed for this appeal, they will need to provide documentation.
All students must first create a Student Forms account; please visit https://finaid.olemiss.edu/studentforms/ for information on how to set up your account. Once you are logged in you can request a Dependency Appeal within the portal by navigating to the ‘Request’ button at the top right of the screen. From there click on the green plus sign next to the appeal and correct academic year. This adds the request as a task for you to complete. Fill in the web form completely and upload the appropriate documentation per the request. All information regarding the appeal is on the Dependency Override webform within Student Forms.