Welcome to Ole Miss “Financial Aid Student Forms”
Beginning Fall 2021 for the 2021-22 academic year –
Financial Aid has implemented a new self-service/mobile product.
It’s specifically designed to help you with completing requirements for:
- Federal aid, like Pell Grant, Work-Study, and student/parent loans.
- Other need-based aid, like the MS HELP Grant, and UM’s Red & Blue and Ole Miss Opportunity scholarships, among others.
This is only for those who have already filed a 2021-22 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid.)
You will use your myOleMiss ID to log into this system to complete such things as:
- Documentation of independent student status.
- A request to receive additional Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan funds if your parent was denied the PLUS Loan.
- The Health Professions Loan Application (pharmacy students only).
- A request for a “Professional Judgment” to re-evaluate your eligibility for need-based aid because of a change in your financial circumstances.
BUT FIRST – EVERYONE MUST FIRST CREATE AN ACCOUNT IN THE SYSTEM.
- That means ALL of you right now, since this is new!
- This is a one-time account creation.
- You’ll be asked for some basic personal data when creating your account.
- We must collect this information to validate your identity so that electronic signature can be used on future forms.
Four Easy Steps:
- Go to https://olemiss.verifymyfafsa.com.
- Click ‘Create Account’ link.
- Enter/confirm your student information.
- Click ‘Create Account’ button.
Parent Access – If you are a dependent student, you will be the one to authorize the system to send an email (with a link) to the parent who is listed on the FAFSA. That is how the parent sets up an account and can e-sign, etc. (If you have two parents on the FAFSA, you must pick one to be the “signer”). And no worries – the system will prompt you to take care of this task.
Once your account is created, any required tasks you need to complete will become available!