skip to main content
Office of Financial Aid
University of Mississippi

Parent Attending College

You may request consideration to include a parent attending college or to include parent educational expenses in the Expected Family Contribution (EFC). We may only consider this request if your parent is attending college at least half-time in a degree/certificate program and is not receiving compensation for their coursework from their employer(s). Do not submit this request if your parent is attending college less than half-time.

Required Parent Documentation:

If your parent is attending college at least half-time, please provide:
Proof of at least half-time enrollment in degree/certificate program from your parent’s school Registrar for the academic year associated with the FAFSA filed,


Statement from your parent’s employer indicating the employer is not paying for classes. (NOTE: your parent must confirm in writing if your parent is currently unemployed or self-employed, in which case no confirmation from an employer is required.)

Students can upload appropriate documentation through the Student Forms Self-Service Portal. All students must first create a Student Forms account; please visit for information on how to set up your account. Once you are logged in you can request a Family Contribution Appeal within the portal by navigating to the ‘Request’ button at the top right of the screen. From there click on the green plus sign next to the appeal and correct academic year. This adds the request as a task for you to complete. Fill in the web form completely and upload the appropriate documentation per the request.